4th Meeting

   
 


 

 

The 15 Cottages

Pictures of the Big Day

Thanking everybody

Minutes of Meetings

=> 2nd Meeting

=> 3rd Meeting

=> 4th Meeting

=> 5th Meeting

=> 6th Meeting

=> 7th Meeting

=> 8th Meeting

=> Letter to Everyone

=> 4th Meeting request

History of Houses

About Dingle

Contact

Guestbook

 


     
 


New Page 1

Fourth Meeting of the Cottages Centenary

Celebrations Planning Team

Held in Dingle Bay Hotel on Friday, 29th May 2009.

 

 

Present:

                  

                   Tommy and James Sheehy,

                   Christie Slattery

                   Maurice and Mary Donnegan

                   Marie and John O’Sullivan

                   Brian Farrell

                   Margaret Holderied

                   Joe Lynch

 

Apologies:    Brenda Farrell

                  

1.                   It was decided to keep the meal at the Skellig Hotel.  Margaret will ask the hotel to take bookings for the meal and also to put a vegetarian option on the menu.  Please have a rough idea of numbers expected to attend from each house at next meeting.

 

2.                 The Mass will be said by Father Jack and will be held in The Harbour Lodge at 4p.m. on 3rd October.  Each family to bring along sandwiches, apple pie and cakes etc. for after Mass reception.  Tea and coffee will be supplied by Harbour Lodge.  The Dingle Fife and Drum band to be requested to march from Flaherty’s to the Harbour Lodge before the Mass and all the Cottages people to march behind the band.

 

3.                 Tommy reported that he got a quote for a banner of €1,100.  This, it was decided was a bit expensive.  Brian is to obtain another quote.  The wording to be “1909 to 2009, The Cottages, An Chioll”.   One banner in the middle of the cottages opposite an ESB pole would be sufficient and easier to erect than one at each end of houses.  Joe suggested that painted signs would be a good idea and he will get quotes from sign painters.  A decision on which to go with will be made at next meeting.

 

4.                 Funds:  We understand that K.C.C has funds available for such events and application forms need to be completed – Brian will look into this.  Christie will get in touch with Udaras regarding funding and Maurice is happy to complete any forms necessary in Irish.  Margaret will ask Credit Union for small contribution. A list of sponsors will be put on website.

 

5.                 Each house has been requested to donate €100 towards the event.  This money to be given to Brenda as soon as possible.  An account will be opened in the Credit Union to hold funds.  Brian reported that €50 has already been received from Brian de Staic.

 

6.                 Next Meeting – Thursday, 4th June at 9 p.m.

 

 
 

Today, there have been 1 visitors (14 hits) on this page!