History of 120 The Wood
Patrick and Mary Sheehy moved to 120 The Wood from the Commons in Miltown after 1911. Mary Sheehy was originally from Annascaul and her maiden name was Pierce.
There were six children Katie the eldest trained as a teacher and went to work in England.
She died at the age of 50 in 1943 from TB. Her brother Patrick joined the Salesian Brothers in Passaskenry in Limerick and spent 31 years in the order, he died in 1955.
Mary, the youngest went to America and worked as a children's nurse. On retiring, she returned to Dingle to live and died in 1992.
There were two other brothers Eugene and Stephen for whom we have no records
Mikie inherited the house from his mother in the 1940's and married Molly Hoare from Ventry in 1949. Mikey worked in Latchford's and was a well known tradesman. Molly was a keen cook.
Mikie died in July 1983 and Molly in August 2004.
Marion O'Neill, from Clonmel, a niece of Molly's is the current owner of the house.
Mikie Sheehy Mrs Sheehy Molly & Mikie Molly Sheehy
Katie Sheehy Mary Sheehy Brother Patrick